Monday, January 26, 2015

♥Forbidden♥



Synopsis:


She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Amazing
Heart Shattering
Utterly and COMPLETE Mindfu*k

This tore my heart into pieces I'm still looking for...



How can something so wrong feel so right?
This is a question I can't stop asking myself.

This is a story of a boy and a girl who despite all things couldn't help but fall in love. He was her soul mate, her friend, her rock, her everything. She was his light, his laughter, his smiles, his everything.
But there's just one problem...They're siblings.

  Meet Lochan:


“Out of the millions and millions of people that inhabit this planet, he is one of the tiny few I can never have.”


  Meet Maya:


“But then why is it so terrible for me to be with the girl I love? Everyone one is permitted to have what they want, express their love as they please, without fear of harassment, ostracism, persecution, or even the law. Even emotionally abusive, adulterous relationships are often tolerated, despite the harm they cause others. In our progressive, permissive society, all these harmful, unhealthy types of "love" are allowed--but not ours.”



  You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.


How can one go back to before? You just can't.
You can't un-see things you've already laid your eyes on. You can't un-say words you've already spoken out loud. You can't go back on love once you've fallen over the edge into the precipice.
This is their story...

*Deep breath* *exhale* Shit... this is all I can really say. I'm basically sobbing through the review.

This book... I understand that in some eyes (well most eyes...pfft, even mine) this is wrong, this love cannot be, this is repulsive, sick even...but after this I can not be one who judges. None of us can. I mean for me this is still an icky sex subject but...Who am I to put a limit on who someone chooses to love, whether or not I agree with it.  I think what made it amazing is that you knew they were brother and sister throughout the book, making it painfully clear the entire time, reminding you over and over again but the author, somehow ( masterfully, I might add) made you root for them, wish that hope would shine through, because at some point you started to believe in their love, ache for them, cry for them and desire some fairy tale ending.

This book is real. It doesn't romanticize incest. It doesn't make it ok. It shows their struggle, day in and day out. How they had to become the parents, deal with the abandonment of their father and their never-there alcoholic mother, and basically sustain a household.

It's tragic and heartbreaking, completely emotionally charged and utterly powerful.

I was not ready for Lochan. I was ready for a lot of things in this book but I was not ready for him. My Gosh I'm still crying!!!

I do have to say these are characters that will always stay with me. I can't really point out many books that have stayed with or affected in a way that months later I'll think about them and still feel that pang in my heart. This will be one book I will not be able to forget. Ever.

I gave it a 4 star rating because I have to admit I found it a tad bit boring in the beginning. I actually most did-not-finish this one. So glad I did though!


Why did I decide to read this book, you might ask? I mean, obviously, I wanted to see how this author could make this book-situation- remotely bearable. I have three brothers and I really wanted to see how could someone go for that. I'll probably still gag at the thought but I definitely got my answer...

This is one of my all time favorites. ALL TIME! Which are yours?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...