Monday, January 26, 2015

♥House of Korba: The Ghost Bird #7♥


Synopsis:


It's homecoming week at Ashley Waters, but Sang Sorenson has a lot more on her mind than dresses and crowns. Silas's troubled past—full of secrets he and his team thought they'd buried—comes back to haunt him, threatening to ruin everything.

Silas tries to deal, but guilt weighs heavily on him and Sang realizes she might be the only one who can help him keep it together.

Bomb threats have increased. They are followed at every turn. The principal is resorting to drastic measures to make sure they're all going to be kicked out. Pushed to their limits, Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North, along with other members of the Academy, have finally had enough. This time, more Academy members are brought in to help hunt down the culprit, and keep everyone safe. It'll cost the boys, but in the end, even a bittersweet victory is better than disaster.


This time, they're getting what they need. All it takes is learning the line of when to let go, and when to never give up.

The Academy, Together.


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
BEFORE READING...

Give us something! ANYTHING!!
A blurb, a teaser! Have mercy and dish something out already, Please!!
*on my knees*



AFTER FINISHING...

*sigh* these books are so ridiculous it's hilarious but so addicting it's embarrassing.

I remember when I finished reading Push and Shove and I read the excerpt for House of Korba. I feel the need to say that "shrieking and squealing" were low key compared to what I did. After that day "stalking" was also a nice term to what I did to this book. It became at least a  weekly obsession that only got worse with the nearing release date. So to say I was excited was to put it mildly.

Sooo... you can imagine my disappointment when I read this and all it basically englobed was Academy business. It feels safe to say that we don't read this because of the Academy plot. Pish posh, we read this for the sole-well, not literally "sole", more like 9- reason of the guys. I know everyone reads this for that exact same reason, no other. Don't deny it, the truth will set you free.

So yeah, like I was saying, this book was scattered all over the place.
It had one too many plots; Volto, the fires, Theo, the bombs, Mr. Henricks(I feel like I'm forgetting one).

Every scene was interrupted by something and I feel that took away from the magic that these books have- because come on, these things have to be voodooed to have me coming for more every single damn time.

This is actually the first time in a review I critiqued them. It's not that the others didn't have flaws. God knows they did but I never felt the need to elaborate because they fulfilled that need in me of never having to choose between guys.



Are you as addicted as me? Let me know!


View all my reviews


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...